Friday, August 19, 2011

Our Bittersweet Move

    Nick and I had a plan to stay in Bermuda until the end of November and then we would go to Seminary in January. God's plan was way better.... ALWAYS is!!! 

    We had applied for BBC's Seminary for Spring of 2012.  When we got the acceptance letter we were thrilled.  Later in the day as I was checking our email, I saw that BBC had emailed us about fall books.  I thought maybe they were mistaken so I went back and reread the acceptance letter, only to find out that they had accepted us for the fall! NO WAY!! How could this be?? We had applied for spring 2012! I right away told Nick and as we reread the letter at the very bottom it read " ....in order to help set up your schedule and to take care of registration for the fall."!  At first we thought this was awesome but immediately realized that we would have to inform them we couldn't come.  Because Nick is international, we'd have to go through all the Visa "stuff" which would take a couple months.  The more we looked into the legalistics, the more we saw the hand of God on this whole situation... What an answer to prayer!!!!!!

    One night a few weeks ago, while Nick and I were saying our prayers together before bed, we had asked the Lord to: if possible allow us to go to Seminary in the fall. (We prayed this because Nick is going to focus on Greek and that starts in September so going in January would make it a bit harder) We prayed this thinking that this would never be possible since it was so late in the summer and school started in September.  Oh us of little faith!!!

   Nick has citizenship in both Bermuda and Canada! This in our case was wonderful!! Going into the States for education as a Canadian requires an I-20 form visa which takes only a few days to process.  This would allow us to possibly make the move, but we had to talk to BBC first.

   When we called, they were so helpful.  They said that we had been accepted for the fall and that they would get started on all the paperwork.  We were also concerned about where we'd be living.  We realized that an apartment off campus could work but we had talked about getting an on campus apartment.  This would be a big help! When I talked to the school, they said they'd email me a listing of the surrounding area apartments! When I went to check my email, I found it to read: One on-campus married student apartment left!!!! A miracle in and of itself! Thank you Lord once again. We'll be living on campus!

   What I've shared here are only a few of the miracles and blessings the Lord has brought our way with our move.  We are currently waiting for the I-20 to be processed.  Once we receive this (which should be Monday or Tuesday) We will immediately purchase our ticket and make our big move!

Your prayers are coveted as we transition so quickly! We are excited for what is to come! Praise the Lord for what He has done thus far, so much more than we deserve!

Psalm 36:5 "Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies."

2 comments:

  1. I talked yesterday with President Jeffery and he is thrilled you are coming and was glad to know about it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so Awesome! Looking forward to reading your updates!

    ReplyDelete